Goldrush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldrush minecraft server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel420

Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. Empty
PostSubject: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:17 am

Whats your main idea: A RPG Skill lvl mod. I play'd a server where you could level up mineing / woodcutting and other skills. Cant remeber what it was called but eh... Point is the more you mine the better you get at it. I believe on the old server it would make u mine up to 20% better at max level or something.

Would everyone benefit for this: Yes. Every one would have skills.

How would you implement it: Not sure. Never had to mod a server.

Keep it creative and logical to the goldrush theme!
Back to top Go down
Mongo87

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:29 pm

The only plugin I can think of similar to what you're describing, is called MCMMO. It has multiple skills that can be leveled, the mining one for example, gives the chance for a double drop (2x cobble or whatever is being mined). The feature that I love about it, is that it provides an oppurtunity to repair tools/armor/weapons via an iron block, and that items' source materials. Makes life easier. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel420

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:43 pm

huh. Well I dont realy like that idea. 1 double drops would just make things more plentefull and worthless.. and repairing items is cool and all but u can already repair by combine 2 of the same item. And if that mod lets you repair a enchanted item without getting rid of the enchantment then its a defenit no.
Back to top Go down
Mongo87

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 pm

I understand what you're saying, and mostly I agree. Personally, I don't like the idea of skill leveling or any kind of RPG plugin, and I try to stay away from servers that have MCMMO. I was just trying to provide an example/understanding of what I know that's available, since you couldn't provide a name for the one you were trying to describe.

The reason I like the repair feature, is that it cuts down the need to keep crafting. I've never been able to get the skill to a profitable level, even after weeks of play on a server. The same goes with mining. It'll take a few weeks at least to get the skill to where every drop is doubled, it certainly wouldn't make things more "plentiful and worthless". For example, say I get to level 200/1000 for mining (A few days of playing, MANY hours each day xD). That means there's a 20% chance, or 1/5 of getting the drop doubled. This applies for every block broken. It's a hit and miss whether or not you'll get the bonus, I'd like the idea moreso on this server, since we are more limited in our gathering of resources. If anything, it'd make it that much more special to finally find those few diamonds that are in your claim if you end up getting an extra one or two out of all that hard work.

As far as repairing enchanted items. Most features of MCMMO can be disabled in the settings, when it's first installed, swords can't even be repaired due to a bug in the coding that was leading to an exploit for the repair skill(a nice bug i might add, used it plenty myself). On that note, I'm pretty sure that armor repair could be disabled, just leaving tool repair. I imagine most people wouldn't mind being able to repair their high level enchants, without losing em. Otherwise, why go after enchanting, if you'll be too afraid to use/lose em.
Back to top Go down
Daniel420

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:28 am

I put 2 weeks of my time into nothing but leveling to get my Fortune III pick. And if i could just repair it without loosing the enchant it would be bullshit. If you manage to make a nice high level enchanted pick then you deserve it. And should never be able to repair it.

On a side note its nice to no that you abuse bugs (buged swords). It just means that you like stuff the ez way and exploit. Hopefully if a bug is found you report it in a private msg to claw and not abuse it further makeing this server boreing as one person is ritch do to cheating and not hard work. As for findeing those "fiew" diamonds. A person can buy a claim, or 6 and mine to the bottom layers and check it for diamonds in 15-30 minutes and no that thier are none left. I personally when im just haveing fun buy 2-3 16x16 claims in a row and mine it out and leave signs outside stateing what I had found in that stripmine claim.

Lastly anything that gives "double drops" would just be to good and to easy. Besides Fortune Pick III witch is completly fair and not buged. With a double mineing mod on the server you could just set up a huge line of iron ore blocks and mine them. Set them up again and mine them again. And it just is never ending and broken.
Back to top Go down
Mongo87

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am

Firstly, please watch your language, I'm trying to have a simple discussion with you, no need to take it to unnecessary levels.

And second, I don't think you caught what I was trying to say, but I never said I supported putting the rpg/skill leveling plugin, especially mcmmo. (On a side note, you couldn't place ores, and remine em, there's checks that the plugin does, so only natural blocks are effected) I just tried to provide some info on it, seeing as you had no idea where to even begin looking for the one you described. I'm completely against the idea on this particular server, I don't see why you're suggesting it anyway, seeing as you seem to want to keep to the goldrush theme in other areas, ie trading post wares. It simply doesn't fit in.

As far as "bugs" go, it was easy but, it was rather wasteful resource wise. Seeing as I was the owner of the server when someone found it and told me, others learned as well. It's not like it was something that could be fixed, iirc it was in the earlier days of mcmmo, when there was less control of it. So, since people wanted the rest of the plugin still, I let it be. That doesn't mean I'm a bug abuser, and that doesn't mean I like things the "easy" way as you put it, nor do I exploit. If I happen to find a method to going about the game, that is in my favor, that is called intelligence and analyzation, ie being resourceful.

If anything, you're the one looking for an easy ride, with what you just stated, purchasing plots, mining out the diamond area, and then leaving it. I understand you have an opinion, and you've voiced it. I won't voice too much of mine, so that I can keep this thread as polite as possible. Very Happy

I'll just make this nice and clear, because I'm done with this thread. I'm not in support of any rpg/lvling skill being placed in this server, I don't think it'd fit with the theme of toughing things out.
Back to top Go down
Daniel420

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:36 pm

It fits perfectly fine. The more you mine the better you get at it as in real life. You get strong and thierfore swing your pick with more afficiency and digging faster. And in real life the more you mine does not mean you can get more resource out of the resource you find. Thier is what thier is and it would fit fine. As for me "watching my mouth". Grow up a little bit kid. I dident directly any "harsh Languedge" at you.

Also when i stated buying plots and mineing the diamond lvl not once did I state that I did not mine the rest of the mine out. You can walk around and find some old "abandond mines" that have signs on the outside of them stateing eveything of value that was mined out of them. And even sometimes information on the area around that mine, IE huge creveses that make the mineing in that part worthless.

"If I happen to find a method to going about the game, that is in my favor, that is called intelligence and analyzation, ie being resourceful. " ~ That is the definition of exploit. You find a bug. And then you use it to your advantage. Thats abuseing a bug and you cant deny it.

You have a little growing up to do sun. Read posts more carfully and dont stick words in others mouths.
Back to top Go down
Clawstorm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Problem is most plugins out there for skill gains are to fantasy RPG based and I would much rather stick with the system we have. Adding something like mcmmo ect can break a server as with the other ones since they are to class based and just add way to many features.
Back to top Go down
https://goldrush.forumotion.com
Daniel420

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Yah... Ive been researching alot of addons of the aspect and they all do way to much... I think the one that i used back in the day is no longer around. It added Mineing, WC and farming only and up to lvl 200 witch add'd 20% speed to wc or mineing and would double weat drops for farmers.

Prolly keep my eye out for a simpler addon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.   Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little more gameplay / Mineing RPG aspect.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goldrush :: Suggestions-
Jump to: